1. I have a lot of charcoal grey flannel that needs done with.
2. I think charcoal grey looks good on me.
3. I am working on cake, and for me, shift dresses are cake (even when they are made out of floral linen).
4. My closet skews towards F/W and last S/S I was dying in the Carolina heat without the ability to give up and just wear denim cutoffs and band tees because I am, in fact, a young professional with a job. Shift dresses fill a Carolina shaped hole in my wardrobe when not made out of flannel.
but I also just realized that my favorite dress ever (EVER) is a charcoal grey
But hey! Here's another!
This was made using my hacked up and reassembled shift pattern Butterick 4386. This is the last of the grey flannel (omg) and it was actually made in six whole pieces; I cut the bodice and the skirt separately. I did some inside-out darts for coolth (1, 2) and finished it up with an exposed zip for ease and a black ribbon for lack of a black belt handy.
|check that zip.|
|dem drag lines|
|pool of fabric resting on my derriere|
In conclusion: I am done with the grey flannel. I am not done with New Look 6145 or Butterick 4386. Stay tuned for more repetitive blogging.
1. "usually facetious." p.s. you learned something today.
2. Currently re-reading and I love it so hard.