My favorite thing I wore all month (that was not my wedding dress):
It probably helped that I was on vacation, on my honeymoon, going out to a really great dinner.
What did I wear?
5 different skirts, 8 different tops, 6 different dresses, 1 setacular two-piece, 1 pair of pants, and 1 wedding dress.
What did I wear most? my Lacy Laurel top (3 times) and all of my full skirts (basically every day).
And what have I learned?
1. A full skirt is always a good idea--I wear them all the time.
2. I have more tops than I think I do, but still feel like I need more tops--there's something going on here! I never wear them, usually reaching for a knit tee.
3. Simplicity 2154 actually fits well and I like the collar and I should mess with it some more.
4. I don't have any "going out" clothes--just plain work-appropriate clothes and fancy frocks. (This is an issue in my non-handmade wardrobe as well.)
5. If I had worn my chambray two-piece dress every time I wanted too, it would have been worn to like every weekend event--I just feel cool in it. This kind of goes with #3--it's going going out clothes for me. I should make more matched sets? more crop tops?
6. Doing Me-Made-May on instagram was a really good idea. Way easier than doing pictures + blog posts.
7. I really should have called my Dinner and a Movie post "Me Made Mad Max." opportunity missed.
Here is where I would usually ask "What did y'all learn from doing Me-Made-May this year?" but I'm feeling pretty good in assuming I'll hear on everyone's blogs with no need to ask! ;)
ps: wedding dress pictures are forthcoming--i'm waiting on the photographer!